PLEASE READ THROUGH AND TRY THE SUGGESTIONS BELOW
If you continue to have problems or need help with a step, our customer service representatives will be happy to help you!
Please find your Order ID or locate a copy of your purchase receipt before contacting Customer Service. This will greatly speed up our response time.
Call: 1-877-849-0750 M-F 8 AM-6 PM PST
UKU WILL NOT CONNECT WIRELESSLY TO ANOTHER DEVICE
- When turning on the UKU, hold the power button down for two seconds. The lights on the UKU will begin blinking rapidly, and you may then be able to connect to your other device (this may be common with iPhones.)
- Move the UKU and your desired pairing device closer together. They must be less than 33 feet (10 meters) away from each other.
- Make sure your desired pairing device is in discoverable mode.
- Power your desired pairing device off and on again, and then make another attempt to pair.
- If the UKU has previously been paired with another device, find that device and power it on, and then choose to “forget” the UKU.
- Charge both the UKU and the desired pairing device.
- Update your desired device’s firmware to the latest version.
UKU’S LIGHT TURNS ON BUT IT WON’T SYNC OR PLAY
- Check the headphone jack for debris and gently remove any you find with a toothpick. Debris in the headphone jack (lint, etc) will prevent a connection between the UKU and the headphones or charger cable.
CAN’T HEAR ANY SOUNDS
- Make sure the volume is turned up. To do so, press and hold the + button until it reaches the volume level you prefer.
- Try using different headphones. This will help you determine if the headphones are the problem with the lack of sound you are hearing.
- Make sure that the files on your UKU are MP3, WMA, or WAV. If you have other variations, such as CDA, WPI, or AAC/M4A your files will not play. Only MP3, WMA, or WAV will play on the device.
BUTTONS DON’T WORK/PLAYER WON’T RESPOND
- Turn off player (press and hold the Play/Pause button for 2 seconds).
TRACKS DO NOT PLAY IN THE DESIRED ORDER
- Try manually writing the desired ordering placement into the beginning of the track name. For example, renaming tracks to 01_beatit.mp3, 02_stronger.mp3, and 03_titanium.mp3 will force the UKU to play the songs Beat It, Stronger, and Titanium in that order.
JACK IS CLEAR BUT THE PLAYER IS NOT RECOGNIZED
- Try a different port on your computer, e.g., if you are using a desktop, try one of the USB ports in the back.
UKU WON’T CHARGE
- Make sure the USB cable has completely entered the UKU. The black plastic ring on the USB cord should come into direct contact with the gold ring on the UKU (this may require a small amount of force).
- If you use an extension cord, make sure it is capable of carrying a charge. Test the UKU by taking off the extension cord to charge from the USB cable alone.
- Make sure your computer is on and not in ‘sleep’ mode. On a laptop computer, often the computer won’t charge in sleep mode. With your computer fully active, plug in the UKU and wait for a minute to see if the light comes on.
If none of the above works, the next step is restoring the UKU.