PLEASE READ THROUGH AND TRY THE SUGGESTIONS BELOW
If you continue to have problems or need help with a step, our customer service representatives will be happy to help you!
Please find your Order ID or locate a copy of your purchase receipt before contacting Customer Service. This will greatly speed up our response time.
Call: 1-877-849-0750 M-F 8 AM-5 PM PST
MY DELPHIN WON’T TURN ON
- Ensure that the Delphin is fully charged.
- Hold the power button for at least eight seconds in order for the Delphin to turn on. The screen may take up to a minute or longer to reveal the home screen; the boot-up time is similar to turning on a smartphone.
MY DELPHIN WON’T PROPERLY CONNECT TO MY PC
- Are you using your Delphin cable? You must use an official Delphin cable in order to transfer data from a computer to your Delphin.
- Make sure that the USB port you use is a high-power port, and not a secondary USB port that may be included on a keyboard or other accessory.
- Restart the computer.
- Restart the Delphin.
- Reconnect the cable.
I CAN’T DOWNLOAD ANY APPS
- Navigate to the Get Apps app on the Delphin. This app contains a menu of many of the apps that customers will want to have on their Delphin.
- Install the Amazon Appstore app.
- Log in to the Amazon Appstore app, or create an account if you do not have one.
- Come back to the Get Apps app and tap on any of the apps that you want to install. This should take you to a page where you can download the corresponding app.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page and tap “Get This App.”
- In the next screen, select Download and then Install. (For some apps, a screen will be prompted that asks you whether you want to update the app. Do not agree to this page. It will likely crash the app, and you will have to start over.)
- Some apps on the Get Apps app use direct download links, but most of them are hosted on Amazon and you will download them with this method.
You can also search the Amazon Appstore manually for other Android apps that you want, or search for them online and sideload them directly onto the device.
HOW DO I PLAY MUSIC FROM ITUNES ON MY DELPHIN?
First of all, if you have an Apple Music subscription, you can download the Apple Music app through the Get Apps app. If you don't have a subscription, you won't be able to download music onto the Delphin with the Apple Music app. However, you can load music directly onto the Delphin instead. Open iTunes on your computer, and select the music that you want to put on your Delphin. Right-click the song(s), and select “Show in Finder.”
When this option is clicked, the song will appear in a new window. This file can be dragged and dropped onto the Delphin, and will appear in the Music app when the Delphin is used again.
MY DELPHIN WON’T HOLD A CHARGE
The Delphin might not be getting charged properly. Ensure that the Delphin is completely dry when charging, including the inside of the charge port/headphone jack. Plug the charge cable firmly into both the USB port on the computer or wall charger port and into the port on the Delphin.
The screen may also be drawing a lot of power from the battery. Enter Settings, tap Display, and change the settings for the Sleep timer to 15 seconds, which is the shortest interval. The screen will now go to sleep after 15 seconds of non-use, which will save a lot of battery life from being drained by the screen.
There might be an app or multiple apps running on the Delphin that are draining the battery. Close all of the apps that are currently running, reopen the sole app you intend on using in the immediate moment, and check your battery status to see if it’s been improved.
If nothing else works, the battery may need to be replaced. Call or email our customer service and if it’s still under warranty, we will have you ship your Delphin back to us and then refurbish it/send you a replacement at no additional cost.
Suggestions for future battery conservation: 1) Use the Airplane mode when wireless communications are not needed, in order to save the battery and to make the Delphin last longer. Batteries will naturally wear down over time, but airplane mode can extend the life of a battery and allow you to use it for much longer. 2) Don’t leave the Delphin charging all night long. As with all devices with rechargeable batteries, charging the Delphin for longer than 3-4 hours can overcharge and damage the Delphin's battery.
MY DELPHIN WON’T SYNC/RE-SYNC TO MY KEYBOARD
If you ordered a Delphin deluxe package that comes with a wireless keyboard, the keyboard should already be synced with the Delphin. If it is not, here are the steps to sync/re-sync it:
- Turn on your Delphin, and go to Settings. Select Connect, and then select Bluetooth.
- Turn the Bluetooth on-screen switch on, and the Delphin will become visible to other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Turn on your keyboard using the switch on the underside, and then press and hold the button next to it until the LED light begins rapidly flashing blue.
- Check the Delphin. The Bluetooth Keyboard option should soon appear on-screen. When it does, press and hold the Bluetooth Keyboard option until the code is displayed. Select it, and it will provide you with a code to enter into the keyboard.
- Enter the code in the keyboard.
- You are now connected!