It is common knowledge that swimming is good for your entire body, and is one of the most effective full body workouts you can take part in.
But what is not talked about often is how good swimming is for your heart! Let’s look at 5 reasons why swimming is great for a healthy heart.
5 Ways Swimming’s Great For Your Heart!
- Swimming can improve various measures of blood sugar control, such as insulin sensitivity. http://www.berkeleywellness.com/fitness/active-lifestyle/article/why-swimming-so-good-you
- Studies have shown that a workout routine that includes swimming can help reduce and possibly prevent high blood pressure, which lowers your risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Swimming works the heart and lungs. This trains the body to use oxygen more efficiently, which is generally reflected in declines in the resting heart rate and breathing rate. It uses the arms, the legs, and other muscle groups in between. This improves muscle strength and flexibility.
- Swimming works your whole body, improving cardiovascular conditioning, muscle strength, endurance, posture, and flexibility all at the same time. Your cardiovascular system in particular benefits because swimming improves your body’s use of oxygen without overworking your heart.
- Studies have also proven that swimming lowers your heart rate. Laboratory attributed this difference to the fact that swimming is done in a prone position, rather than upright; this allows for greater flow of blood back to the heart, and allows the heart to pump a greater volume of blood with each contraction. Water pressure also helps increase the flow of blood back to the heart.
Don’t Forget Your Waterproof iPod Shuffle
These are just 5 of the many reasons swimming is so good for your heart and your overall health!
Now that I’m sure you are sold on swimming, here is one last recommendation. Don’t forget to grab your Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod Shuffle before hitting the pools for your next workout!
Because swimming may be good for your heart, but music is good for your soul!
If you have anything to tell us, let us know! Any questions? We’ll answer them. Any comments? We want to hear them. Seriously, don’t be shy.
We are here for you.