1. “Messin’ Around” – Pitbull & Enrique Iglesias
Ease into your workout with this laid-back tune. The beat that comes in during the chorus makes it super fun to swim to.
2. “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)” – AdeleNext up is the melodious voice of Adele. The underlying rhythm of this song is so catchy, it will definitely put you in a good mood.
3. “Love On Top” – Beyoncé
Kick things up with Beyoncé. The climbing key changes towards the end of this song will push you to keep going!
4. “I Can Lift a Car” – Walk the Moon
This song is so motivating! Tell yourself you can do anything; “I can lift a car up all by myself!”
5. “Stronger” – Kanye West
A classic song for any workout playlist. At this point in your workout, you probably need a reminder to work “harder, better, faster, stronger!”
6. “Hymn for the Weekend (Seeb Remix)” – Coldplay
Coldplay is typically pretty mellow, but the “Seeb Remix” version of this song is a little more uptempo with a cool, driving beat. It’s a great pick-me-up song for the middle of your workout!
7. “The Fighter” – Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder
This is another great song to help get through hardest part of your workout. Hearing Ryan Tedder sing “Here comes the fighter, this one’s a fighter,” will motivate you to keep fighting and keep swimming.
8. “No” – Meghan TrainorPower through the last part of your workout with Meghan Trainor. This sassy song will empower you to finish those last few laps!
9. “Swim Good” – Frank Ocean
Finally, slow your pace and do some cool-down laps to “Swim Good” by Frank Ocean. Perhaps the most appropriate song for swimming on this list, you’ll feel great having finished your workout and knowing that you can “swim good.”
That’s my summer playlist for swimming! It’s really just a starting point. I highly recommend adding or swapping out your own favorite songs to create your perfect personalized swimming playlist for these last few weeks of summer. Feel free to share your own ideas of good songs for swimming in the comments!