Welcome to Underwater Audio’s blog feature: Monthly Exercise Playlist! Every month, we’ll be providing a customized playlist, complete with information on where to purchase the songs and, since we’re big believers in the power of music in exercise, ideas on how to use them in your workout. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist? We’d love to hear about it. Share your favorites, or request a certain genre or theme, in the comments below!
November 2016: Girl Power
December 2016: Pump Up the Holidays
January 2017: Wake Up!
February 2017: (Anti)Love: Valentine’s Day Playlists
March 2017: Irish Drinking Songs
May 2017: Billion Dollar Playlist
July 2017: 70’s & 80’s Summer Road Trip Playlist
Though it’s not the beginning of the calendar year, for many students, parents, and teachers it’s the beginning of a new school year! Saying goodbye to sun, swimming, and freedom is hard. And trading that in for hitting the books can seem even more discouraging, but we know how much music can influence the mind when you need a little boost.
We’ve included some odes to a long lost summer, but we’re also thinking fresh starts, new notebooks and sweater weather (pumpkin spiced everything, anyone?). Get into the spirit of September and give fall a chance with our new back to school playlist! The songs are even set up in a way that you can warm-up, workout and cool down with specific beats per minute (BPM).
1. We’re Going to Be Friends – The White Stripes 2:22 | 97 BPM
2. Autumn Shade – The Vines 3:13 | 122 BPM
3. Sweater Weather – The Neighbourhood 4:00 | 124 BPM
4. Schoolin’ Life – Beyoncé 4:52 | 124 BPM
5. September – Earth, Wind and Fire 3:34 | 126 BPM
6. Wake Me Up – Avicii 4:09 | 124 BPM
7. School – Nirvana 2:42 | 165 BPM
8. August is Over – We the Kings 3:14 | 167 BPM
9. September – The Shins 3:33 | 202 BPM
10. Teacher – Jethro Hull 3:49 | 122 BPM
11. We Rule the School – Belle & Sebastian 3:27 | 121 BPM
12. Autumn Sweater – Yo La Tengo 5:18 | 100 BPM
13. Today – Smashing Pumpkins 3:22 | 83 BPM
WANT TO SWIM TO YOUR SPOTIFY PLAYLIST?
We’re making it possible! Check out underwateraudio.com/delphin to learn more about our waterproof mini Android swimming wearable.