I am always really committed to working out and losing weight and achieving a shape other than round. But I have a problem with knowing where to start and where to get equipment.
So, I thought, “Let’s take equipment out of the equation.” Everyone has access to floors and doors and swimming places.
The following is a work out that will burn, sculpt and tone without using a lot of equipment.
let’s get this party started!
The most important part of a workout is to get warmed up!
Pick your poison as far as that goes. You can start with a light jog or you can do a combo of jumping jacks, push ups, and squats.
Whatever you choose, be sure to do something to get your blood pumping and your limbs warmed up!
round and round we go!
Do feel all warmed-up? Good! Now comes the fun part! The best way to get your body into the shape you want is to always mix it up.
If you do the same routine every workout, you will start to plateau. So changing the exercises around and trying new things will help you get the best results.
Here is a swimming circuit workout that will burn, shape, and sculpt:
- 5 x Treading Intervals: In deep water, tread as hard as you can for 30 seconds. Then go easy or float on your back for 30 seconds.
- Swim 50 yards recovery (Swim slowly and recover)
- 4 x 25 yards front crawl with 2 x 2 minute treading water after each 25 yards in the deep end of the pool.
- 5 x Helicopter Intervals: Start in the shallow end of the pool and run in a zigzag pattern until you can no longer touch the bottom of the pool. Next, run straight through the current you just created. You should feel more resistance than normal.
- 2 x 50 yards front crawl warm-down (swim slowly and relax).
Here is the a link to this workout and some other circuits that you can try:
One last thought
Working out can be hard, and this one definitely isn’t the easiest. So, to help make it through, bring along your Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod Shuffle.
This little player will have you rocking out while you workout! If you have any comments, please leave them below.
Until next time, swim fast and have fun!
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.