PLEASE READ THROUGH AND TRY THE SUGGESTIONS BELOW
If you continue to have problems or need help with a step, our customer service representatives will be happy to help you!
Please find your Order ID or locate a copy of your purchase receipt before contacting Customer Service. This will greatly speed up our response time.
Call: 1-877-849-0750 M-F 8 AM-6 PM PST
The following video contains information and a demonstration of the SYRYN’s general functions. It may answer your questions and help you solve your problem.
The first generation of the SYRYN had some slight variations, such as using colored lights and a different method of engaging shuffle mode. Click here to view the video guide to the original SYRYN.
PUTTING MUSIC ON THE SYRYN
ORGANIZING SONGS ON THE SYRYN
SYRYN’S LIGHT STILL TURNS ON BUT IT WON’T SYNC OR PLAY
- Check the headphone jack for debris and gently remove any you find with a toothpick. Debris in the headphone jack (lint, etc) will prevent a connection between the Syryn and the headphones or charger cable.
CAN’T HEAR ANY SOUNDS
- Make sure the volume is turned up. To do so, press and hold the forward button until it reaches the volume level you prefer.
- Try with different headphones.
- Make sure that the files on your SYRYN are MP3 or WMA. If you have other variations, such as CDA, WPI, or M4A your files will not play. Only MP3 or WMA will play on the device.
BUTTONS DON’T WORK/PLAYER WON’T RESPOND
- Turn off player (press and hold the Play/Pause button for 3 seconds).
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button for 10 seconds to reset the controls. LED will flash (RED and Blue at the same time, on the 1st gen SYRYN) and then turn off.
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button for 30 seconds to wake the SYRYN from deep sleep. (In deep sleep the SYRYN will not respond to pressing of buttons or to a computer connection. It will also not give off any light through its LED. It will appear to be "dead.")
TRACKS DO NOT PLAY IN THE DESIRED ORDER
- Manually write the desired ordering placement into the beginning of the track name. For example, renaming tracks to 01_africa.mp3, 02_timeaftertime.mp3, and 03_jukeboxhero.mp3 will force the SYRYN to play the songs Africa, Time After Time, and Jukebox Hero in that order. (If you have over 100 songs, label them with 3 digits: 001_africa.mp3, 002_timeaftertime.mp3, etc.) Then drag the files onto the SYRYN one at a time in the order in which you would like them to play.
JACK IS CLEAR BUT THE PLAYER IS NOT RECOGNIZED
- Try a different port on your computer, e.g., if you are using a desktop, try one of the USB ports in the back.
SYRYN WON’T CHARGE
- Make sure the USB cable has completely entered the SYRYN. The black plastic ring on the USB cord should come into direct contact with the player (this may require a small amount of force).
- If you use an extension cord, make sure it is capable of carrying a charge. Test the SYRYN by taking off the extension cord to charge from the USB cable alone.
- Make sure your computer is on and not in ‘sleep’ mode. On a laptop computer, often the computer won’t charge in sleep mode. With your computer fully active, plug in SYRYN and wait for a minute to see if the light comes on.
If none of the above works, the next step is restoring your SYRYN.