iPod Shuffle: General Information
Use Mac to Download Books from audible.com
Use PC to Download Books from audible.com
How to Load Audiobooks
How to Load Podcasts
How to Locate a Serial Number
How to Enable VoiceOver
GENERAL IPOD WALKTHROUGH
This video shows you all of the general functions of the iPod shuffle.
This video gets you started by walking you through the process of downloading iTunes to your PC or Mac computer.
This guide will walk you through updating iTunes on either a Windows PC or a Mac computer.
BOOKS AND PODCASTS
Our product works with Audible.com. In fact, our founder decided to start this company because he wanted to listen to books while swimming.
This article has a lot of relevant information: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1831
From the article:
When using iPod shuffle, podcasts and audiobooks will not be played when content is played from All Songs. If content is played from a playlist synced from iTunes, audiobooks and podcasts will only be played if the iPod’s switch is set to play in order . In addition to playlists synced from iTunes, iPod shuffle will create a special playlist for each audiobook synced and one for podcasts. When accessing these special playlists, audiobook and podcast content will play whether the iPod is set to play in order or shuffle songs. Podcast are sorted by alphabetical order and then by episode date.
USE MAC TO DOWNLOAD BOOKS FROM AUDIBLE.COM
If you are using an Apple Mac computer, you do not need to download any additional software in order to transfer your books into your iTunes account.
To transfer the books onto your iTunes account:
Once the files are in your iTunes account, connect your iPod to your computer, and drag and drop the files from the audiobooks section onto your device.
USE PC TO DOWNLOAD BOOKS FROM AUDIBLE.COM
To use a PC to download from Audible.com to iTunes, first install Audible’s Download Manager:
- Log into your Audible.com account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select “Listening Apps”.
- Scroll down to the last option, which is “On your computer and mp3”, and click “learn more” under “iTunes/ Download to PC”
- That page will then pull up with a video walkthrough you can watch to see how to download the Audible Manager, and it will also list the download steps. Click on the blue highlighted words “Audible Download Manager” and it will begin downloading.
- After downloading Audible Manager,
- Now go back into your Audible library and download the book you want. It will go into your iTunes account. Once the book is in your iTunes account, you can drag and drop it from the Audiobooks section into the iPod.[/list-item]
HOW TO LOAD AUDIOBOOKS
Enable iTunes audiobook features:
- Locate your book in iTunes. It may be either in the “Music” section of iTunes (for example if you got it from a CD), or it may be in the Audiobook section under the ellipsis (if you purchased it through the iTunes Store).
- Select all the tracks of your book (this can be accomplished by selecting the first track, holding the “Shift” key, and then selecting the last track) so that all of the tracks in the book are highlighted. Right click anywhere in the selected tracks and select “Get Info” from the list of options that appears.
- In the track info window select the “Options” tab.
- Check the boxes next to “Remember playback position” and “Skip when shuffling.”
- [optional] If you would like iTunes to recognize this collection of tracks as an audiobook rather than as an album you can change the media kind in the drop-down menu to reflect that.
- You may now synchronize your iPod with iTunes for the changes that you made to be applied to the iPods files.
Please note that when you want to play tracks in order you should not slide the iPods power switch all the way to the left. This special switch has three positions: “shuffle”, “play in order” and “off”. When you are listening to an audiobook you will want the switch in the middle position so that the tracks will play sequentially.
For more information, see Chapter 4 of the iPod shuffle User Guide.
HOW TO LOAD PODCASTS
You can download podcasts from the iTunes store.
- First go to your iPod in iTunes and select Podcasts.
- After selecting podcasts make sure that "Sync Podcasts" is checked.
- Select the desired podcasts and click apply.
The podcasts should sync to the iPod. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us!
- Operating temperature:
- 32° to 95° F
- (0° to 35° C)
- Non-operating temperature:
- -4° to 113° F
- (-20° to 45° C)
HOW TO LOCATE SERIAL NUMBER
The serial number is located on the lip inside of the clip of the iPod:
If this series of numbers and letters are too small for you to see and your iPod still connects to the computer, connect it to the computer,and you will see the icon of the iPod appear. Click on that.
Next, after you’ve clicked on the iPod icon, you can view the serial number.
HOW TO ENABLE VOICEOVER
This video will walk you through how to enable and use the VoiceOver function on your iPod Shuffle through iTunes.
Underwater Audio has published a guide to iTunes:
- Syncing music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZNL4ICK_Gk8
- Download iTunes: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/